Search & Win

Monday, April 4, 2011

Menu Planning Monday: A New Month


I'm trying hard to leave March way behind. We haven't had the fridge repair guy out yet so I don't yet know how much that will cost us but I'm praying that it won't be much.

This is certainly where a menu plan comes in handy. When something's not working on home or stress sets in my biggest temptation is to give up and just go spend money. After all it is a HUGE pain to transfer all our cold food to the garage fridge and to go out to the garage every single time we need something cold. And right now we have no ice because our freezer made ice for us (aren't we so spoiled?!) so drinks aren't as good. All this adds up to me throwing up my hands and calling for take-out or heading out the door to eat out.

If it weren't for the plan I've already put in place I would give in EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

Seriously.

But the plan keeps me on track!

Here's my plan for this week:

Sunday: Simple Hamburger Hot Dish

Monday: Rush Hour Chicken Fajitas (a Pampered Chef Recipe)

Tuesday; Hamburger Stroganoff Casserole

Wednesday: Slow Cooker Cheesy Potato Soup

Thursday: Moms of Multiples Meeting - dad covers dinner

Friday: MOPS Sale - I have to be there all evening so this is a fast food night for us - you have to have a few every now and then :)

Saturday: Layered Enchilada Bake - this one is a family favorite that we repeat often. I do have to say on a day that I know I'm going to be tired and not really want to cook (since I will be spending all day at the MOPS Sale as well) it's a good idea to have a familiar recipe to look forward to - I already know I like it and I already know how to make it so there's no stress of something new to keep me from cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment