You know that feeling when you are this close to starting over yet you have to keep going with where you are? I'm so there. I am so ready for a new set of resolutions because I'm a bit tired of this years and I can't say I've done all that well.
For the last time this year (thankfully) - here are my resolutions for 2011:
1. Organization. Overall this year not as good as I had hoped. I have gone through box after box and closet after closet but it feels like my stuff re-grows on its own.
2. Decorating. I had high hopes to get so much decorating done this year but between budget and time so little got done.
At least I did get a "new" living room - we went from this:
To this thanks to my dad and $200 in accessories - I like that cheap decorating.
Got to say though - I'd like to try the decorating thing again next year. I love to decorate and I love how it changes the house into more of a home.
3. Spending less and saving more. We are staying on budget a little more each month. Who knew budgeting would be such a process? Maybe that's the lesson - it's more of a long-term goal; a lifestyle change that you have to aspire to. Saying you'll only spend $200 a month on going out to eat is a LOT easier said than done and it's taken me a while to find the right amount that works with reality. It's amazing how much "extra" things we need each month that aren't in specific budgeted categories (think printer ink and field trip fees). Keeping track of every penny isn't fun but it is worth it and every month I'm perfecting my ability to stay on track.
4. Do a little more deal hunting. I am and have been but I'll never believe I've learned everything and I'm hoping to learn more in 2012! And save more of course. There's always room for improvement.
5. Monthly meal planning. I have fallen behind on my this one. Maybe next year my goal should just be to try new foods every month though I do really love the months that I have the whole meal planned.
What about you? Have you thought about next year's goals? Did you do better than me this year?
Here's hoping 2012 is great!