Search & Win

Monday, June 14, 2010

Menu Planning While On Vacation


Meal planning at home is hard enough but meal planning while away from home is even harder. I am staying with my parents for a month so the kids can see Grandma and Grandpa more and swim in their pool. But of course this also means my parents are going from feeding 2 people to feeding 8 (without Kirk) so it's only fair that I help out in any way I can with the meals.

The good news is that I'm not starting from scratch. My mom cooks so she has meat and other items in the freezer so my first stop is to raid her fridge and cabinets and see what I can come up with.

Last week I made everyone Chicken Parmigan with what my mom had in the house. This week I have to come up with more than just one recipe.

Here's my "stab" at it:

Monday - Cheddar Ham Soup - this we've had a few times before and I LOVE it so when I found out my mom had frozen ham bits I knew I had to make it even though it's really hot outside :)

Tuesday - Roast with leftover mashed potatoes

Wednesday - Easy Bake Pasta - like it says: easy :)

Thursday - Grandpa's Fried Rice - a night off for me and some yummy food!

Friday - Leftovers

Saturday - To Be Determined based on sales at Publix for this coming week.

I know I haven't posted a whole lot lately but that's kind of what happens on vacation :) I'll be working on posting more as I find the deals.

No comments:

Post a Comment