Search & Win

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Streeeeeeeeeetching My Budget At CVS

It's been a while since I posted about CVS - mostly because I don't get the deals until late on Saturday and by then it's too late for anyone to get that week's deal. I have found (quite often) that CVS is out of the best deals in the middle of the week and by returning on Saturday they have re-stocked and I can pick up what I need. In the past few weeks I have been able to pick up free body wash, free razors, eye contact solution for $1.00 and 2 bottles of sunscreen for $12 while earning $10 back in ECB's - CVS is truly a great place to shop to stretch your budget.

This week diapers were on sale so I had to stock up. Notice the photo on the left - that was a gift we received when the triplets were just three months old - each box contained close to 200 diapers - all 4 boxes probably lasted us 6 weeks. At the time we were going through about 21 diapers a day (7 changes a day per girl). Today I am feeling the love of having only one toddler in diapers and it's awesome!

But still diapers need to be purchased so when CVS has a sale I head right out. Using my extra care bucks from last week along with a $3.00 off Huggies coupon from Coupons.com meant my $19.99 box of diapers cost me just $5.00 and earned me $10 back in extra care bucks.

I made 2 trips to CVS this week:

Trip #1

Purchased large box of Huggies Diapers and Colgate Toothpaste (found out while I was there that I also had a $4.00 off $20.00 coupon and since the diapers were a penny shy of $20.00 I bought the toothpaste to go over so I had no coupon for it):

I spent: $5.32 ($3.98 was my purchase - the rest was tax)
And saved: $22.90
And earned: $12.00 in Extra Care Bucks

Trip #2

Purchased 3 12 packs of Coke and swim diapers - both were on my needs list and while I didn't earn any extra care bucks back using what I had was a great way to stretch my budget for the month and get some much needed items. For the swim diapers I used a printable $1.50 off coupon from Coupons.com and matched it with a CVS coupon for $2.00 off for a total of $3.50 off the $8.49 price.

I spent: $5.89 ($4.49 was my actual purchase)
And saved: $21.57
And earned: $0 in ECB's - I figured I'd rather get the soda almost free and shell out less money next time to start earning my ECB's again.

Printed on the bottom of my receipt is my year-to-date savings and it says $562.27 as of 6/19 (a little more now) and my total spring and summer spending is: $163.74 - can you see the savings?! I know my wallet can :)

No comments:

Post a Comment