Search & Win

Monday, September 27, 2010

Menu Plan Monday: Week One


I know, technically it's Tuesday but that's only because I am up WAAAY too late. I meant to have this up before midnight but it just didn't happen.

Last week I had my meal plan all the way into this week but like I said yesterday I didn't have all the ingredients so I'm kind of, sort of starting over :)

Here's the new list from today on - the easiest part is that all I have to do is check my master calendar and then drop in the links here in case anyone wants to try out a recipe.

Monday: Chicken Taco Bake

Tuesday: Weeknight Lasagna Toss

Wednesday: Tater Tot Casserole

Thursday: White Bean Chicken Chili

Friday: Mac 'N Cheese Pie

Saturday: Cheesy Chicken & Salsa Skillet

Sunday: 30-Minute Mini-Meatloaves

You may notice a number of meals we've had before - I didn't plan it that way - that's just kind of where they all fell in the month. Lots of new recipes coming though I don't mind starting the month out with familiar food.

I wanted to add I love Donna's idea about doing a 3-month rotation. I have a feeling that is most likely what I will end up doing. I love variety and can NOT have the same thing every week and often every month is too much but every three months I could handle with a few tweaks here and there. Thanks Donna for the suggestion!

1 comment:

  1. Dorinda,

    You are welcome. And if you get the hang of it and really want to get adventurous you can start planning out seasonal menus, so eventually you could have a full 12 months worth of menus. Have I gotten to that point? Nope. Do I plan to? Maybe. Right now I am figuring if I have 3 months worth of entrees, I can make it more seasonal with the sides that are served being based on in season fruits and veggies.

    BTW I am jealous, we do not have a Harris Teeters near us so I will have to miss out on that awesome cheese deal.

    ReplyDelete