Search & Win

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

CVS'ing in Florida


While in Florida I am without Harris Teeter (bummer) but I do get to pick up a few things from Publix. My parents already bought most of the groceries so I haven't had to do much in the way of buying actual groceries but I just can't not go to CVS :)

And this week has been a good one at CVS. In case you haven't already started there maybe this will help you along!

This is what I picked up this week for $25.59:



My total saved was: $66.72!
Plus I still have $10 in ECB's for next week.
Oh, and I have to add that $3.92 was on tax (sorry, FL tax is higher than VA tax so I just have to add that in :) ).

So, after ECB's and tax I got it all for just over $10!! Seriously, you can't beat that. I mean did you see all that I got?!

How did I do it? I did in 4 transactions (and I might add that if you want less out of pocket you could do more transactions but I did a few "larger" ones where I paid a little more out of pocket at once allowing me to do a larger transaction the next time around - I think it all evens out in the wash but I'm just saying you could do more transactions if you wanted):

Transaction #1:

2 Boxes of Cheez-Its:
- regular price: $3.29/each
- sale price 2/$4.00
- earn back: $1.00 in ECB's

2 Canisters of Peanuts (Canisters? I don't know):
- regular price: $3.79/each
- sale price: 2/$5.00
- earn back: $2.00 in ECB's

La Looks Sport Gel:
- regular price: $3.99
- sale price: $2.99
- earn back: $2.00 in ECB's

I had no coupons on this transaction but I did have $9.00 in ECB's from last week

Total OOP: $3.20
Total Saved: $15.16
And earned: $5.00 in ECB's

Transaction #2:

2 Revlon Nail Polish:
- regular price: $5.89
- sale price: $4.99
- earn back: $3.00 in ECB's
- used 2 $1.00 off coupons from SS 4/10

Irish Spring Deodorant:
- regular price: $3.89
- sale price: $2.99
- earn back: $2.00 in ECB's

PowerBar Protein Bites:
- regular price: $2.99
- sale price: $2.49
- earn back: $2.49 in ECB's (free)
- used B1G1 free coupon from SS 5/1 (note that the max value is not equal to the product price so I actually spent about $0.50 on 2 bags)

Total OOP: $9.87
Total saved: $12.69
And earned: $10.49 in ECB's (this was a small splurge - if I had rolled each nail polish into a different transaction it would have been cheaper but my girls were having fun picking out colors and seriously how many transactions can I do??!)

Transaction #3:

Crest Pro Health Kids Toothpaste:
- regular price: $3.39
- sale price: none
- used 2 $1.00/1 coupons from PG 6/5

1 OB Kids Pro Health Toothbrush:
- regular price: $5.49
- sale price: none
- used $1.00/1 coupon from PG 6/5
- this was in combo with above and earned me back $5.00 in ECB's - also seems like I can do this deal again and since my total was over $10 I have already earned $2.27 towards another reward if I go back and do it again this week

Colgate Max Toothpaste:
- regular price: $2.99
- sale price: $2.79
- used $0.75/1 coupon from S 6/5
- earn back: $2.00 in ECB's

Bliss Chocolate:
- regular price: $5.99
- sale price: none
- used $1.00/1 coupon from S 5/1
- earn back: $5.99 in ECB's (free plus profit)

Total OOP: $7.28
Total saved: $15.44
And earned: $12.99 in ECB's plus another $1.00 for using my Green Tag on my CVS bag for a total of $13.99

Transaction #4:

Windex/Fantastik Spray (2 different bottles):
- regular price: $4.89/each
- sale price: 2/$6.00

Shout Liquid
- regular price: $3.89
- sale price: 2/$6.00
- used 2 $0.55/1 coupon from S 5/15

2 Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet Cleaning Kit
- regular price: $4.89
- sale price: $4.00
- used 1 $1.00/1 printable coupon

Total OOP: $5.24
Total saved: $23.43
And earned: $10 in ECB's

Do remember that I am using the ECB's in the previous transaction to lower my OOP cost in the next transaction in case you didn't figure that out :)

Most match-ups courtesty of Southern Savers (the Crest deal was my own - it's not even advertised in their ad - weird - I just saw it on the shelf and knew I had coupons and knew Kaitlyn could use the toothpaste because she's beyond the baby toothpaste but doesn't quite like mine yet :) ).

It's a lot of shopping but these quick trips are really worth it and again they could all be done on the same day if you plan carefully and bring all your coupons. I had to do it over a few days partly because of coupons and partly because they were out of the Hershey's chocolate on Sunday!! And didn't get any more in till today - that's okay, it worked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment