Search & Win

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Harris Teeter: Save Those Rainchecks

Big trip tonight - already over budget for the month - have company for dinner tomorrow night and family in town for a week starting Friday plus two more mouths to feed every day of the week.

Here's what I got:



I spent: $93.42
And saved: $71.90
And earned: $5.00 in a Catalina from Kraft Foods

There had been rumor of triple coupons this week but no such luck. Maybe next week but who knows? I was kind of bummed because I had some great rain check/coupon match-ups that would have been even better if it were triplets but I couldn't wait another week.

My rain checks were on Eggland's Best Eggs and 9 Lives cat food - both were buy 1 get 1 free and I used coupons for both. A few weeks ago there was no coupon for 9 Lives cat food but by waiting a little bit and checking The Coupon Mom before I left I was able to use 3 $0.75/1 coupons.

With coupons my best deals came with rainchecks but other than that there's a great deal on Kraft Foods. When you buy 5 you get a $5 Catalina printed out. There's a coupon match-up for the sour cream but not for the cheese - still a great deal though. Check out Southern Savers for the link and a few other match-ups.

Even though I spent a little extra what I bought will feed a large number of people including a pork chop dinner tomorrow night with our guests. I'm hoping August will be more on budget but I'm doubting it - with 7 kids home all day every day we are going through food a LOT faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment