Search & Win

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Cheap Shopping Trip Thanks To Kraft First Taste

We made it home! After 16 long hours we made home sweet home. The kids did pretty well - amazingly no one slept till after 9 at night! And that was after waking all of them up at 6 in the morning. For some kids maybe 6 AM is normal but for mine it is not.

Today I fed the kids from what we had stored in the cabinet and a few things Kirk picked up while I was gone. Dinner was also from the cabinet - chicken with egg noodles and broccoli - it was good :)

But I still had to go to the store and pick some things up to get us through the remainder of the week and hopefully into next week. Because of a party I used 1/4 of my budget already and have just $300 left in the monthly budget.

Fortunately a few things helped me stay on track tonight. Here's what I got:



I spent: $38.94
And saved: $77.36

How did I do it? I know, I know you're thinking coupons and yes, it was coupons but not exactly how you think.

See, while I was gone I got a small pack of coupons from Kraft First Taste for 6 free products! Yep, I said 6 - and not weird products but good ones that you'd actually want to eat so tonight I bought 5 of them and that accounts for over $15 of my savings. And I am so excited to try them - it even includes homemade mac and cheese - yum - as well as sandwich meat and snack cheese. If you aren't already I highly recommend becomming a member of Kraft First Taste and being among the first to sample their new products for free!

Beyond my free products my best deals were:

Turkey Hill Iced Tea
- regular price: $2.19
- sale price: $1.19
- used 1 $1.00/2 coupons from RP 4/11 (exp. 7/11)
- final price: $1.38 or $0.69 each

Crystal Light Pure & Fit
- regular price: $2.19
- sale price: buy 1 get 1 free ($1.09)
- used $1.00/1 coupon from link at Southern Savers
- final price: $0.09

For more coupon match-ups head to Southern Savers - for some great deals head to Kraft First Taste !

And if you're wondering, yes, my meal plan for the week does include the meal deal at Harris Teeter! Just another great way to save money - believe me I look for deals everywhere :)

No comments:

Post a Comment