Search & Win

Monday, August 16, 2010

Menu Planning For 13


I feel like I have been living inside a grocery store over the past week. I have been back and forth to Harris Teeter a number of times as well as Safeway (they are having an awesome Mix and Match sale and it's a great time to stock up on cereal and fruit snacks if your kids like them like mine do!). It's partly due to the sales but partly due to the fact that we are heading to the mountains for a few days with another family so I have been busy planning meals for the whole week for 13 people instead of 7 and since her kids are a little older than mine they eat a lot more!

On the plus side, I have spent so much time planning meals I could recite them in my sleep.

Our meal plan:

Monday: Roast chicken and rice (rice was free; chicken was about $0.75, brocoli was $1.29 at Target - the whole meal was around $2.00!)

Tuesday: Hamburgers and hot dogs - got the hamburger for $1.78/pound at Safeway and the hot dogs free at Harris Teeter - beans, veggies and chips on the side

For Wednesday to Friday I have everything planned - each meal, snacks and dessert - I even made a chart cause yea, I'm a bit controlling like that.

Wednesday:

Breakfast: Banana Pancakes

Lunch: Homemade Mac n Cheese with Watermelon

Dinner: Taco Bake with Rice and 7-Layer Dip

Thursday:

Breakfast: Eggs and Bacon

Lunch: Sandwiches (PB&J and Meat and Cheese)

Dinner: Spaghetti, Garlic Bread and Salad

Friday:

Breakfast: Cereal

- we head home in the afternoon so lunch and dinner will be simple

Lunch/Dinner: Leftovers - I have a feeling we'll have plenty!

Saturday: I'm in the mood for lasagna but I'm not sure if that will get baked on Saturday or not :)

I won't post for a few days but I hope you can get out there and scoop up a few more deals at Harris Teeter before Super Doubles ends tomorrow! I'll be enjoying a few days away from Harris Teeter :) I think they're gonna miss me!

No comments:

Post a Comment