Search & Win

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Saving At Target

This week I ventured outside of Harris Teeter and into my SuperTarget. I like Target for toys and school supplies but for the most part don't find their groceries to be that inexpensive. However, this week I couldn't pass up the great Kellogg's deal (I should insert here that almost every store is having a deal on Kellogg's cereal this week)

Target's deal is buy 4 Kellogg's items get 1 free and since you can stack a manufacturers coupon with a Target coupon (meaning you can use 1 of each on the same item) it's a real money saver. I ended up spending $5.75 on 5 boxes of cereal! AND on 3 of those boxes are special Kellogg's bucks which put me halfway to another free movie ticket!

Here's what I picked up:



I spent: $29.57
And saved: $27.05

That may not sound like a ton (about 50%) but my total before handing her my stack of coupons was $48.95 - almost $20 of my savings was coupons! She even asked if I planned to pay my whole bill in coupons :) If I could I would!

Some of the coupons I have had a for a while or received in a coupon booklet a few months ago but for the Kellogg's match-ups for Target as well as Harris Teeter check out Southern Savers for the Target printables as well as the manufacturers coupons. I will say I was able to use 2 Target printable $1.00/2 Kellogg's cereal along with 1 $1.00/2 manufacturer's coupon as well as a $1.25/3 coupon even though one of the boxes was technically free.

It's not always worth it to check another store but for this week I found some deals at Target and figured I'd share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment