Search & Win

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Harris Teeter Trip 9/13

I have to say that I have gotten a lot quicker at coupon cutting and shopping in general. A task that used to take the majority of my Sunday now only takes me 2 hours. This is another question I get asked a lot - after all most people don't have a lot of time and everyone wants to know if their coupon clipping is even worth their time.

I assure you that it is! Last week I cut coupons for an hour and it cut $54 off of my bill. Last week only 1 multiplied so that's literally what I saved just for cutting them out - $50/hour is not bad on any scale :) This week I had a few less coupons but still took off over $30 on my bill just for clipping coupons.


Not pictured: 4 gallons of milk

Spent: $74.19 (I know, a lot again but that does include 2 packs of diapers!)
And saved: $122.81

This week I did buy a few things that weren't on sale like yogurt (but I had a coupon) - sometimes I have to buy things and can't wait for a really big sale. It's gonna happen when you have 5 kids eating you through house and home :) Not to mention the fact that the bigger 2 started school 2 weeks ago and that means school lunches.

Some of my best deals this week were the same as last! Sorrento stick cheese was still on sale and after fishing coupons out of the cheese packs (yes, I am that obsessed) I once again was able to get the stick cheese for $0.67 for 2 packs.

But other good deals were:

Pampers Cruisers diapers - regular price $10.99
- sale price $6.99
- used 2 $2.00/1 coupons from PG 8/30
- final price $4.99/ea. - so 2 packs for less than the regular price of 1 :)

Spray 'n Wash stain remover - regular price $3.49
- sale price buy 1 get 1 free
- used 3 $0.50/1 coupons from S 9/13
- final price $0.75 ea.

For more great deals check out The Grocery Game.

No comments:

Post a Comment