Search & Win

Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day HT Trip

While most people are enjoying today off I figured it would be a great day to go grocery shopping! Hey what day isn't? Kidding! Even I feel lazy some days and don't want to go.

But today I decided to bite the bullet and go (this is funnier since the reason I didn't go last night is because I was learning to shoot a handgun - but, no, I didn't bite any bullets then!). The list seemed short this week but for whatever reason I seemed to have a lot of copies of every coupon so I ended up spending more then I usually do.

Here's what I got:


(Not pictured: 5 gallons of milk)

I spent: $127.60
And saved: $184.53

If you couldn't tell there were some great deals on cheese so I stocked way up!

Favorite deal: stick cheese!

Sorrento Stick cheese: regular price $2.67 ea.
- on sale buy 1 get 1 free
- used 7 $1.00/1 coupons from S 8/23
- final price: $0.67 for 2 or $0.33 each!

If you've ever bought stick cheese you know what a deal that is! And I was so excited to have 7 copies of the coupon. I must add that this deal was not on the grocery game - she listed the buy 1 get 1 free sale but not the coupon. So I was thrilled to find this one on my own :)

Other good deals:

A-1 Steak sauce: regular price $4.89
- on sale buy 1 get 1 free
- used 6 $2.00/1 coupons from S 8/2
- final price: $0.45 each

Kraft Cheese slices: regular price $3.99
- on sale 2/$3.00
- used 6 $1.00/2 coupons
- final price: $1.00 each (yes, I got 12 packs!)

For more deals check out the Grocery Game!

No comments:

Post a Comment