Search & Win

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Meal Planning

I know it isn't Monday but I thought I would list my meal plan for the week anyway. I've been asked whether or not I plan meals around what is on sale. The usual answer is no. I feel that I'm saving so much money buying everything else I want to be able to make for dinner whatever I want.

This doesn't mean I buy expensive meats every week though - I do plan my meals around the meat I have in the freezer and/or the meat that is on sale but I will often pick up the "extras" I need to make the meal that I want. Fortunately because of all the stocking up I do this isn't generally very much. Picking up a can of beans for $0.67 isn't going to break my bank so that doesn't bother me at all and then we can eat what I'm in the mood for :)

This week's menu:

Monday: Hot dogs/hamburgers for Labor Day
Tuesday: Pork Tenderloin with veggies and pasta
Wednesday: Homemade pizza
Thursday: Pork Roast (this was on sale this week and I'm excited to use it)
Friday: Spaghetti
Saturday: Company picnic at Six Flags = free food all day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment