Search & Win

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Challenge Your Giving

I didn't intend to take a week off from blogging but it just kind of happened that way :) I just haven't done a lot of shopping this week. I did get to Harris Teeter once more before Super Doubles end but it wasn't till Tuesday. I also hit Walgreens for their great diaper deal and Target for some cheap Wheat Thins (I was already going there I just added it to my list - I certainly do not advise running from store to store to save a dollar - I save so much at Harris Teeter I'm happy to pay the extra dollar from time to time - after all they're in business to make money and I'd like to keep them around if I can!!)

So, what have I been doing?

I've been reading one of the best books ever on money. It's Randy Alcorn's Money, Possession and Eternity. Want to challenge your perceptions on giving? Read this book. Wow! We already tithe 10% but Randy's challenge is to go above and beyond. God sees what you give away but He also sees what you keep and what you do with it.

What are we building for God's kingdom? What are we sharing with the world? Even when we are broke or cutting pennies we still have more money than most of the world.

Want to challenge your spending and your giving? Then read this book. It's changing my life and I highly recommend it to everyone.

Want to read more? Check out Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment