This is my own recipe and version adapted from another recipe that was supposed to be Tuna Swirl Casserole and since my dad never liked hot tuna my mom changed it to chicken and I've been modifying it ever since.
6 Tablespoons of Crisco $0.45
2 1/2 cups Bisquick (divided) $0.75
1 large can cream of chicken soup $2.49
2 1/2 to 3 cups milk $0.75
1 pd chicken breast - cooked and diced $1.45
1 can Veg-all $1.50
1/2 cup water
4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese $1.00
Total cost: $8.39 (some things I didn't purchase on sale or it could've been cheaper)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Melt Crisco in large saucepan or stockpot
3. Add in 1/2 cup Bisquick - stir
4. Add cream of chicken soup
5. Slowly pour in milk (2 1/2 to 3 cups depending on how thin you like your sauce).
6. Stir until just boiling - boil and stir 1 minute.
7. Add in Veg-Al and cooked chicken - keep mixture warm on low.
8. In a seperate bowl mix 2 cups Bisquick and 1/2 cup water till moistened and in the shape of a ball.
9. Flour a cutting board or large counter surface - with a rolling pin roll the ball flat to about the size of the cutting board.
10. Sprinkle shredded cheese down the middle of the dough mixture.
11. Roll up - it will look like this:
12. Pour the mixture (from the saucepan) into a large rectangular baking dish.
13. Using a bread knife cut the rolled up dough into small spirals and place them on top of the mixture (see above picture).
14. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until biscuits are a golden brown.