Search & Win

Monday, June 15, 2009

Back To HT

We spent today in Baltimore with my parents and the kids - our big outing while my parents are in town. But last night my DH and I got to go on a "date" - we went grocery shopping alone :) Yea, that was fun!

Here's what I got:



I spent: $57.53
And saved: $80.65
Not pictured: 3 gallons of milk

Some of my best deals:

Kraft Cheese - they weren't on sale but if you bought 3 you got $3.00 off so instead of $2.99 for a bag of cheese they were $1.99 - then I had a $1.00/2 coupon that I printed at coupons.com so each bar and bag of cheese cost me $1.50

My favorite deal of the night was on the Pop Tarts. They weren't on sale either - regular price is $1.99/box - I had 2 $1.00/2 coupons and one $0.55/1 coupon (RP 6/7) so I bought 5 boxes - 4 boxes at $1.49/box and 1 box at $0.89 for a total of: $6.85 - because I bought 3 boxes of Kellogg's Pop Tarts I receieved a free Redbox DVD rental - another savings of $1.00. Then on all 5 boxes is a ticket to mail in to receive a free movie ticket - you need 5 to qualify for a free movie ticket. A movie here costs me $10.25 so ultimately I made: $4.40 on the deal! I'll take that any day :)

Crystal Light also a good deal because of coupons.com - they were on sale B1G1 free - regular price $4.19/each - down to $2.10 each with a $2.00/2 coupon they were just $1.10 each - some cheap drinking around here!

What I've noticed in the past few weeks shopping in FL -

- coupons there are generally lower in value - this is because they don't double in FL so manufacturers market lower value coupons - like my $0.55/1 Poptarts - by me I didn't have such a coupon - I had $1.00/2 - essentially you are getting the same deal if nothing is allowed to double but because coupons double here in a lot of VA stores that $0.55 coupon is more valuable to me. So, if you are using the GG and are wondering why your coupons don't match up be assured that somewhere they do and it is not the fault of the GG - just smart marketing on the companies part to make you spend more so be sure and double check her list to what you actually have.

And be sure to check your HT coupon policy -

- the official policy is that only 1 coupon can be used on a Buy 1 Get 1 Free promotion even though the item rings up half price. My HT has always allowed me to use 2 coupons which has been great (Publix allows this even though the 1st item is charged full price and the second is charged $0). As far as I know they still are but it is something to be aware of. Always know your stores official coupon policy which can be found somewhere on their website if you look for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment