I was unable to put this up last week or participate because we were traveling and my parents were here all week so I thought I would go ahead and take her challenge for last week this week.
I'd love for you to join me :)
Here's the challenge:
1. When traveling away from home, pack your own snacks, meals and drinks.
2. Try not to eat out at all this week. From Saturday to next Friday.
3. Plan outings that are no cost adventures, such as parks and museums.
4. Make extra meals for your freezer for days when you have no gusto to cook dinner.
5. Make something from scratch that you normally wouldn't, such as bread, household cleaners, snacks, etc.
6. If you haven't made a budget (or goals for 2009) yet..DO IT! If you are all sqaured away here, check and see if there is something in your budget that you can lower, or cut out completely.
7. Try out a new-to-you frugal idea such as washing/re-using ziploc bags, using less laundry/dishwashing detergent, re-use juice from canned fruits and vegetables, save butter tubs, amongst many others. Be creative!
Check out the original post here: Finding Freedom Friday for some ideas on cheap outings, meals to freeze and setting your goals if you haven't. Starts tomorrow so that gives you tonight to go out if you want :)