Search & Win

Thursday, June 25, 2009

I (Heart) Being Frugal

Why didn't I do this before? I am really kicking myself! And if you haven't started couponing I ask you "why not?"

What's keeping you from beginning? The time? The stuff you like isn't on sale? Maybe you are so rich you don't need to save money on groceries. Of course, I have no idea why you would even be reading this so I doubt that's it.

My point is - you have to start! You have to get the bug, get out there and save money.

Tonight I headed out to Safeway and Harris Teeter - in total I spent $11.00.

This is what I got:

From Safeway:



I spent $4.62
And saved: $43.70 (90%)

How'd I do it? I FINALLY received a $10 coupon from way back when they were having their Living Well promotion. TWICE I didn't get a coupon printed. Once they sent it right away, the second time it took them about 8 weeks to get it to me. Nice. But I'll take it.

It helped that Safeway is having a great sale:

Goldfish: $0.99
Popcorn: $0.99 (used $0.50 off 2 coupon from S 6/14 - doubled to $1.00 off)
Eggo Waffles: buy 5 they are $1.49 each - I stocked up on blueberry :)

Averaged out each item was $0.31!!

From Harris Teeter:



I spent: $6.35
And saved: $22.18

Those dollar doubler coupons saved me a bundle as did my $4.00 off my order from my last trip. Using coupons wherever I can.

- I used $1.00 off Juicy Juice Brain Development or Immunity from S 4/26 - final price $0.99
- $1.00 off 2 Quaker granola bars from RP 5/3 or 6/21 - final price $1.50 each - not great but I wanted some :)
- $1.00 off 2 Hungry Jack syrup (needed this!) - on sale for $2.99 - final price $1.99 each - this is an example of differing coupons - from my paper the coupon is just $0.25 off 1 whereas the Tampa paper which I had from being there was $1.00 off two which was the better deal in this situation.
- $1.00 off Mini-Wheats from RP 6/7 and since it was on sale B1G1 free the mini-wheats were free! Yea!

See, if I can do it so can you! Get out there and start saving!

*** On a side note - I didn't use the Grocery Game for today but she did put the list up early so check it out! ***

No comments:

Post a Comment