Search & Win

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Joys Of Stockpiling

The more I do it the more I love it. Seems like a simple concept - buy when things are cheap. But how do you add the cheap items on to your already full needs list?

A little bit at a time.

I admit, I am NOT a patient person. I would love the $35 grocery bill and the pantry full of groceries right away but that's not how it works.

Which leaves me still learning and figuring out the best way to stockpile my pantry.

Mostly CVS - How do you know if you're doing it right?

Today I went in and got some free paper towels - psyched about that of course but now I only have 10 ECB's for next week. I spent 12 and got 4 back. I'm thrilled about my free paper towels but I paid $3 for the hair gel for Kirk so as not to use up my ECB's (they didn't come out even and I would've had to pick up something else). For any of you more experienced - does that sound about right?



Swung by a newer HT last night and picked up some more stuff for cheap :) I know I'm addicted but you knew that already right?



I spent: $2.61
And saved: $21.83

Best part? 4 shampoos for $0.54!! They were on sale for buy 1 get 1 free and I had a coupon for $1.50 off 1 that doubled (S 6/28). I used 2 coupons. I decided to get 4 for a few cents rather then get 2 free mostly because I didn't want to argue over a coupon since the coupon would have been given me overage and HT doesn't really give overage.

2nd best part? Just more confirmation that clipping coupons DOES make a difference. My original total was $21.83 - after sales it came down to just $16.83! Then I handed over my coupons and my total was $2.61 - it really does help!

I will tell you this - while the stockpiling may go slowly it is going. That shampoo should last Kirk a good six months or so meaning I don't have to buy anymore until the price once again is low enough for me to want to head out and pick it up. And when you're sitting at home clipping coupons remember that it does pay off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment