Search & Win

Monday, October 26, 2009

Menu Planning Monday


Do you love menu planning? I actually do! For the most part anyway :) Some weeks I have an idea of what I want and then it's fun to find recipes. I enjoy making new things and plenty of old favorites.

I was asked recently about weekly menu planning by a friend who never does. She asked me "what if you're not in the mood for what you've planned that night?" It's totally understandable and pretty much why I don't monthly plan because I can bet by the end of the month we'll be eating all my least favorite meals that sounded good at the beginning of the month!

So, instead I plan by the week and even though I post here what we're having which night it doesn't always work out that way. If I don't feel like something one night I can shuffle it to another night - no big deal. And since I only plan by the week there's less chance of the meals I don't like.

My meal plan for the week:

Monday - Enchilada Bake with Rice

Tuesday - VELVEETA Cheesy Pasta Casserole

Wednesday - Slow Cooker Cheesy Ravioli Casserole with Garlic Bread

Thursday - Slow Cooker North Woods Wild Rice Soupwith Beer Bread from Tastefully Simple (yum!)

Friday - Gram's Chicken Pot Pie Updated

Saturday - Crustless Bacon and Cheese Quiche - this will be more brunch then dinner - for the rest of the weekend we'll be eating leftovers - after all there will be plenty!

If you haven't tried meal planning yet give it a shot! It sure makes the weeks easier to know in advance what you're going to have. All the above recipes have links to the actual recipes if you want to try a few for yourself.

Also, I've added the link to www.orgjunkie.com on the side of the blog so you can find hundreds more recipes every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment