Thursday, October 8, 2009
Swanson Chicken Giveaway!
The Quick and Easy Tailgate Plan for a Cowboys Fan
Brought to you by Swanson Chicken Traveling Tailgate
It's football season! And if you're anything like me it's much more fun to watch the game with some great food and friends. In an effort to help make your food cheaper and more enjoyable we are giving away coupons for free Swanson chicken. Two winners will receive three coupons each for a free can of Swanson chicken - enough chicken to make the recipes below. Winners will also receive $1.00 off coupons for Frank's Redhot sauce. What a great way to get your football menu going for cheap!
To enter up to 3 times:
- leave a comment on this post
- become a follower of the blog (or comment that you already are)
- advertise the contest on your blog with a link back to this blog
Winners will be drawn at random (random.org) next Saturday, October 17th.
Check out this collection of quick, easy and delicious recipes for your Cowboys' tailgating and football parties! Whether you are cooking for the whole team or just the defensive line, these dishes are guarenteed to satisfy even the heartiest of appetites. Go Cowboys! (Yes, I know I live in Redskins country but I've been a Cowboys fan for longer than I've lived here!)
Frank's RedHot Buffalo Chicken Dip:
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
2 cans (9.75 ox each) Swanson Premium Chunk Chicken Breast, drained
1/2 cup Frank's RedHot Sauce
1/2 cup blue cheese salad dressing
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
Assorted fresh vegetables and/or crackers
1. Stir cream cheese in 9" deep dish pie plate until smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients.
2. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 min. until hot and bubbling. Stir. Serve with vegetables and crackers.
- Substitute ranch dressing for blue cheese dressing and shredded cheddar cheese for blue cheese crumbles.
- Make it tailgate friendly - prepare ahead of time and transport in a disposable heavy foil pan. When you get to the tailgate heat it on a grill and serve nice and hot!
- Make this in the microwave by heating it on high for 5 minutes instead of baking
- Keep it warm in a crockpot or slow cooker
Monterey Jack Chicken Quesadillas:
1 can (4.5 ou.) Swanson Premium Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
1/8 teaspoon chili powder
4 flour tortillas (8-inch), warmed
Pace Thick & Chunky Salsa
1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Stir the chicken, 1/4 cup cheese, chilies and chili powder in a medium bowl.
2. Place the tortillas onto 2 baking sheets. Spread 1/4 cup chicken mixture onto half of each tortilla to within 1/2-inch of the edge. Brush the edges of the tortillas with water. Fold the tortillas over the filling and press the edges to seal.
3. Bake for 5 minutes or until filling is hot. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Serve with the salsa and sour cream.
- These are great cooked on the grill! Follow the same directions but put them on aluminum foil on the grill
The Main Event:
Seven Ingredient Chili:
2 lb. ground turkey
1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
2 tbsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
3 1/2 cups V8 100% Vegetable Juice (regular or low sodium)
1 small green pepper, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
2 cans (about 15 ou. each) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1. Cook the turkey, onion, chili powder and cumin in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat until the turkey is well browned, stirring often.
2. Add the vegetable juice, pepper and beans to the saucepan and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
Spicy Onion Burgers:
1 1/2 lb. ground beef
1/2 cup Pace Picante Sauce
1 pouch Campbell's Dry Onion Soup and Recipe Mix
6 Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse Premium White Rolls with Sesame Seeds
1. Thoroughly mix beef, picante sauce and soup mix. Shape firmly into 6 burgers, 1/2-inch thick each.
2. Lightly oil the grill rack and heat the grill to medium. Grill the burgers for 10 minutes or until desired doneness, turning the burgers over halfway through cooking.
3. Serve in rolls with lettuce, tomato, avocado and additional picante sauce.
The Game Winner
2 Pepperidge Farm Chocolate Fudge 3 Layer Cake
Assorted decorating gel (black, white)
1 package (4.9 oz.) Pepperidge Farm Mini Milano Cakes
1. Remove cakes from freezer. Trim 1 edge of styrofoam plate even with cake, using scissors. Repeat with other cake. Place these two sides together. Carefully trim corners of cake to form a "football". Set corners aside. Let stand 15 min. or until frosting softens.
2. Smooth frosting where cakes are joined, using a metal spatula dipped in water. Smooth frosting on sides of cake. If needed, use additional frosting from corners pieces.
3. Make an outline of a football on top of cake and laces down center, using white piping gel.
4. Decorate sides of cake with Mini Milano cookies, pressing gently to adhere. Make football laces on cookies using black piping gell. Makes 1 cake.
For more easy and delicious recipes check out: www.Campbellskitchen.com and www.Swansonchicken.com