Search & Win

Monday, April 19, 2010

Menu Planning Monday 4/19


I haven't felt well all weekend so shopping and cooking have been the last things on my mind. I guess it helps me not go out and spend but it does make it hard not to do take-out so we did order pizza this weekend. Gotta give myself some breathing room occasionally :)

I did manage to come up with a recipe plan for the week using the chicken I have in the freezer and my new favorite cookbook:



So, here's my plan though it's subject to change depending on what meat goes on sale at Harris Teeter this week just so I can change up the whole chicken thing a bit :) And since I haven't been able to get to the store to pick up my needs list for the rest of the month the actual food on the actual day may differ. But hey, it's a plan not a law. That's another thing about meal planning just because you put spaghetti on Monday doesn't mean you can't have it on Tuesday because it didn't fit on Monday. Plans don't have to be rigid, they are meant to give you an idea of what you have in the cabinet to make. Although my husband does like to pull up this blog while at work and see what's for dinner and when I'm off schedule he's sometimes disappointed :)

Monday: Chick-fil-A and Pancakes - odd combination but like I said I wasn't feeling well and we had some free coupons to Chick-fil-A and the kids wanted pancakes so it worked :)

Tuesday: Maryland Chicken Supper (p. 76)

Wednesday: Chicken Cheese Enchiladas (p. 77)

Thursday: Chicken Manicotti Ole (p. 79)

Friday: Chicken 'n Vegetable Biscuit Bake (p. 86)

Saturday: Pampered Chef Party/At friends for dinner

Sunday: Spaghetti

Monday: Southwestern Chicken Pie (p. 130)

Tuesday: Chicken Enchilada Quiche (p. 144)

Wednesday: Chicken and Cheese Crescent Chimichangas (p. 91)

Thursday: Speedy Layered Chicken Enchilada Pie (p. 80)

Friday: Leftovers

My plan is to the end of the month since I have just over $100 left for the remainder of the month and want to stretch it as far as I can. It's a huge chicken list but I have a good 7 pounds in the freezer which should be enough for all of the recipes. But if another meat goes on sale I'll make a change or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment