Search & Win

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Saving Coupons Pays Off

What do you do if you need an item and have a high dollar coupon? The tendency is to use it. At least you've saved yourself a few bucks. But unless the item is one that you can't live without. Such as, you are on your last diaper I highly recommend holding on to the coupon as long as you can (as long as it's not expiring soon). You won't be disappointed by the amount of money you can save.

For example - here's what I picked up at Harris Teeter today:



I spent: $65.80
And saved: $82.82

We have been out of Crystal Light for a LOOOONG time. It's sad really, I love the Raspberry Tea flavor and it's the only low calorie drink that I like (besides water which is okay but it's free :) ). I've come across a coupon for it but couldn't bring myself to use it on a full-priced item. Well, I'm so glad I held out because this week at Harris Teeter Crystal Light was on sale!

Here's the deal:
- regular price: $3.75/each
- sale price: buy 1 get 1 free
- used 2 $1.00 off 1 coupons from S 3/21
- you may notice I bought 4 - I decided to do that since we go through it a lot and unfortunately I only had 2 copies of the coupon
- my final price: $1.38/each
- final price if you buy just one: $0.88

I also printed out $3.00 off Huggies coupons from www.coupons.com a while ago. I print coupons I like long before I know I'm going to use them and this is another example where I'm so glad I hung on to them and glad I printed them when I did (though as far as I know they are still available).

Here's the deal:
- regular price: $10.99/each pack
- sale price: $5.99/each pack
- used 2 $3.00/1 coupons
- final price: $2.99/each pack (HUGE savings!!)

Other great deals:

Kix Cereal
- regular price: $3.55/each
- sale price: 3/$6.00 (or $2.00/each)
- used 4 printable coupons from HERE
- final price: $1.00/each (my price point!)
(for the other cereal - it was the same price but instead I had $1.00/2 coupon from S 3/7 or coupons.com and the final price was $1.50/each - a tad high for me but we are in desperate need of cereal and the girls love the chex)

Peter Pan peanut butter:
- regular price: $2.45/each
- sale price: 2/$4.00 or $2.00/each
- used $1.50/4 coupon from HERE
- final price: $1.62/each
(While this is an okay deal it gets even better since I also purchased 2 Chef Boyardee mac n' cheese packs for $1.00 each bringing my total ConAgra purchase to $10 - now I can fill out this Mail In Rebate form and get $25 back in valuable ConAgra coupons - makes my peanut butter purchase all the more worth it :) ).

Lunchables
- regular price: $2.69
- sale price: 2/$4.00 ($2.00)
- used $1.00/1 from S 3/21
- final price: $1.00

For more match-ups early in the week head to Southern Savers. I've started the habit of checking out her site on Wednesday and trying to get to HT on Wednesdays to pick up the best deals of the week so I will probably end up heading back this weekend for a more things.

No comments:

Post a Comment