Search & Win

Friday, April 16, 2010

Safeway Mix N Match Sale

I don't often get to Safeway but when they have their Mix and Match sale I can find some great deals when I match their sale with coupons. With a little help from Moneywise Moms I picked up this today:



I spent: $30.17
And saved: $49.66

Sometimes the deal is buy 3 get $3.00 off but this week it is buy 5 get $5.00 off. Included in the deal is a lot of cereal, pop tarts and oatmeal.

My kids are sadly addicted to Pop-Tarts (personally I think they're gross!) but currently if you buy 5 you will get each box for $1.00. I combined them with a few coupons I had printed a while ago for $1.00/2 as well as $1.25/3 from RP 3/28 making my Pop-Tarts between $0.50 and $0.58 a box - good deal!

As for the cereal:
- Mini-Wheats are $2.00 a box before coupons
- used 2 $1.50/2 printables (link says $1.00/2 but it prints $1.50/2)
- final price: $1.25/box

- Rice Crispies are $1.50 a box before coupons
- used 1 $1.00/2 coupon from RP 4/11
- final price: $1.00/box

Oatmeal:
- is $1.50/box before coupons
- used 2 $1.00/1 printables
- final price: $0.50/box

Links to printable coupons can be found HERE

There were quite a few other cereals that were part of the sale but not listed on the sale insert so I will probably head back for 5 more boxes - the limit per card is 20. For now I am feeling much better about the status of my cereal shelf. Before this week I was down to just 2 boxes! I'm hoping what I bought today and Wednesday will last me to the end of the month. At least that's the hope :)

No comments:

Post a Comment