Search & Win

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Harris Teeter: Dollar Doubler Time Again!

I don't plan to post grocery pictures quite as much this year but whenever the deals are this good I just have to share :)

Harris Teeter is once again doubling dollar coupons - this means that they will double $1.00 to $1.98 coupons - meaning your $1.00 coupon will be $2.00 off - your $1.50 coupon will be $3.00 off! HT's same restrictions apply - you can only double 20 coupons per VIC card per day.

In two trips here's what I picked up:



My total spent: $24.45
Total saved: $91.51

I know it's not "Extreme Coupon" worthy but I thought I did pretty well and picked up a number of good deals and I'm happy about the variety.

My best deals (match-ups are from Southern Savers)

Finish Dish Detergent
- regular price: $5.49
- sale price: buy 1 get 1 free
- used 5 $2.25/1 coupons from S 1/2
- final price: $0.50 each (these are NOT free despite what it states on Southern Savers - her math was a little off)
- total for all 5: $2.50 which is 100 Tabs - to put this in contrast BJ's sells an 80 count of Finish for $11.99! When I was there the other day I had a coupon for buy 1 get 1 free so I got 160 tabs for $11.99 which is obviously better but still not as good as $2.50 for 100. However, I will note that BJ's does allow manufacturer coupons on top of their store coupons.

Kellogg's Special K Cereal Bars
- regular price: $3.49
- sale price: 2/$5.00 plus when you buy 4 you get 1 free
- used 2 $1.00/2 coupon from RP 1/2 which doubled
- final price for 5: $6.00 (or $1.20 each pack of 6)
- to put this in perspective I picked up a 36 pack of the same cereal bars from BJ's last week for $7.49 after using a $3.00 off coupon from BJ's which is pretty close in price per bar.

For the Tabs it's clearly more cost effective to purchase from Harris Teeter because it was a high dollar coupon with a good sale, however, the Kellogg's bars were pretty close and I was only able to get a deal this good because it's dollar doubler week. So I can get a better price at Harris Teeter most of the time but it will require more work and patience than picking it up at BJ's.

Other good deals:

Ziploc Containers
- regular price: $3.55/each
- sale price: buy 1 get 1 free
- used 2 $1.50/2 coupon which doubled to $3.00
- final price: $0.55 for 2 or $0.27/each

My free items were 2000 Flushes Automatic Toilet Bowl Cleaner and the Yo Crunch Yogurt using printable coupons - links can be found at Southern Savers.

On a side note - I also used Mueller printable coupons which are $1.00 off of 1 which doubles. The only thing is that the pasta itself was $1.00 and my Harris Teeter does not allow overage so in order not to waste my coupon I purchased the larger box for $0.50. If anyone else's store works differently I'd love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment