Search & Win

Monday, January 3, 2011

Menu Plan Monday: First One This Year


For quite a while I've been unofficially playing along with Laura's Menu Plan Monday at I'm An Organizing Junkie and I've certainly found the more I plan the better my week/month goes.

If you, like me, have the goal to get more organized in 2011 then Menu Planning is certainly the place to start. Since I plan a month ahead I find it easier to just plan to eat what I want rather than what's on sale each week. I may spend a few more dollars but to know in advance what we're having and to actually want to eat it - that makes up for the money spent :)

For the first week of the year this is what we're eating:

Saturday (1/1): Ravioli Skillet

Sunday (1/2): Cheesy Chicken & Salsa Skillet

Monday (1/3): Tater-Topped Casserole

Tuesday (1/4): Ground Beef and Twice Baked Potato Pie

Wednesday (1/5): Angel Chicken

Thursday (1/6): Monthly Moms of Multiples Meeting

Friday (1/7): Weeknight Lasagna Toss

Saturday (1/8): Mac Chicken Caccitore

I don't have a theme this month just picking out foods that I think we'll enjoy. Of course the fact that the triplets don't actually ever eat dinner means there is a low chance of all of us enjoying it but it's worth a try and at least I will be enjoying it!

Do you have any menu planning tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment