Search & Win

Sunday, March 29, 2009

5th Sunday Saved By Triple Coupons!

I must admit that I was worried about this being a 5th Sunday. While I have been budgeting $125 a week on groceries I was trying to translate that to $500 a month. Without the 5th Sunday I was right on target - $502 for the month. Wow, not bad! But here it is the 5th Sunday and we need groceries so I have to go. This is where the budgeting thing breaks down for me a bit.

So, essentially Harris Teeter's Triple Coupon week saved my life! Literally :)



(Not pictured - 4 gallons of milk)

See that table of groceries? It cost me $69.12. Not too bad.

Even better when you know I saved $135.53!! I'm not kidding. Kirk keeps asking me if this is legal :) I assure you it is!

I will probably go back tomorrow and use more coupons. The daily limit is 20 and I certainly spent the limit. I have more I didn't use. Using triple coupons got me a number of items free and free is always in my budget!

The Grocery Game is going around - I was in line checking out and the girl in front of me was doing the same thing - got over $100 off her bill too! That's serious savings. A friend of mine recently signed up and her first week she got $155 off her bill. It works - worth every penny!

And I might add the most thorough list out there. While the coupon mom is free her list didn't even have a fraction of what I got from the Grocery Game. For HT I printed out maybe a page and a half from the Coupon Mom (how I knew about the Totino's Pizza rolls) - with the Grocery Game I printed off 9 pages of sale items today. Another thing I noticed is that the Coupon Mom listed just one coupon for each item. I found 5 other Totino's coupons when I was sorting through old coupons. When I printed out the Grocery Game list she had every single place I could find unexpired Totino's coupons which is VERY helpful.

I'm guessing the reason is because the Grocery Game re-lists coupons - she puts a plus sign next to them if they have been listed before which is so helpful because sometimes I find duplicates of the same coupon later or I didn't use it the last time she listed it. So useful.

Hope you all got some good deals this week! Please share when you do...

2 comments:

  1. cracks me up that kirk wants to know if it is legal!!! way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!! Impressive...TRIPLE coupons??? oh...what heaven that would be. I am jealous. Great job!

    ReplyDelete