Search & Win

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Some Weeks Are Lighter

I have certainly learned that some weeks are deal heavy and some are not. This week seemed a bit light on the deals so it was a good thing that I don't need to cook much this week. This is also a great reason to stock up weekly because on light weeks I don't need as much and can eat what I already have in my pantry.

But still, following my budget and the grocery game I have stayed in budget this week spending $58.59 and saving about $64 - I seem to save around 50% which I think is pretty good! I did spend $50 at Safeway a few days ago so I have come under budget for the week and getting closer to my $100/week goal.

I should note that the photo doesn't include 5 gallons of milk and my budget for the week included diapers and wipes for a baby shower gift as well as some cat food.



Still did manage a few good deals:

Glade carpet deodorizer on sale for $0.94 - had a coupon for $1.00 off = free!

Ziploc bags regular price $2.39 each - on sale for buy one get one free - coupon for $0.55 which doubled to $1.10 - total cost = $0.10!!



Also note that sometimes the Grocery Game won't be 100% accurate. For instance her price for Ziploc bags was listed as higher then mine so I originally expected to pay $0.65 for them but instead only paid $0.10 - difference in my favor. Sometimes it isn't. She may list a coupon that doubles because it's for $0.75 off 1 whereas I have a coupon for $1.00 off 2. Just be aware and double check your deals.

Meal Plan for the week:

Monday: Frozen pizza (on sale for $4.00) - we have a PTF meeting at school unless it snows
Tuesday: Roast (purchased for $7.00 at Safeway)
Wednesday: Pork Loin (rain check from last week for buy one get one free - bought 2 to make a meal for someone else)
Thursday: Moms of multiples club meeting - I eat out!
Friday: Moms of multiples yard sale - we have to do take out - some night there's no getting around it
Saturday: Not sure yet but I have chicken in the freezer and will eat out of the pantry/freezer - looking forward to the challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment