Search & Win

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Thursday


If menu planning is the cornerstone in saving money on groceries then being thankful is the cornerstone for staying on budget. After all being thankful for what I already have means I'm more focused on enjoying my life as it is and less on what I could "get" with money.

So today I am thankful for:

1. I have a home! Even though it is smaller then I would ultimately like (it fit a family of 4 just fine but then we became a family of 7 and yikes it got small fast) it is my house. I have a roof over my head every day of the year and I don't have to worry about it. I feel blessed to have my own house that has enough rooms for us all to at least sleep seperately - except the babies who have to share but they think it's fun right now.

2. I have 2 cars that work and one of them is completely paid for. Of course I will be even more thankful when I can say they both are but right now I'll take what I can get.

3. I have access to lots of grocery stores so all the prices are competitive and as a shopper I win! Yea. But I am also thankful that I have a grocery store to go to just about any time of day to get the food I need. A lot of people can't say that.

4. Coupons! Enough said.

5. My family of 7 has food on the table every day and clothes on their backs all the time (except when they don't want to but I'm working on the triplets...).

6. I can pay my bills.

7. My husband has a job (three of them actually - crazy guy that he is) - I am also thankful that 2 of them can be done from home otherwise I would probably be less thankful about those other 2 jobs...

When I think about all I have it is easy to be thankful and less desirous of new things. Also takes my focus from things to gifts that I have been given that can't be bought. Wanting less thigs means spending less money - it's a win-win.

What are you thankful for? Want to participate in Thankful Thursday? Head on over to Nicole's blog and join in:

>>

(Isn't Nicole's button cool? At some point I'll get around to making one for me...)

Photo by roland

No comments:

Post a Comment