Search & Win

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

$10 Dinners

This week has been about what I have in my cupboards to throw together a decent meal. Normally this would be difficult but I find that Kraft Foods makes my life so much simpler. Tonight I just searched under beef and found a recipe that looked quick and easy to make and I had all the ingredients on hand:



VELVEETA Cheesy Beef Stroganoff

1 lb. ground beef ($1.49 - still frozen from my last great deal at Giant)
2 cups water
3 cups medium egg noodles, uncooked ($.05 - still using the noodles I got really cheap at HT a few months ago)
1/2 lb. (8 oz.) VELVEETA Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut into 1/2-inch cubes ($2.00 - did get it using a coupon but not on sale)
1 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup ($0.75)
1/4 tsp. black pepper

Total cost: $4.29 (though really free since I had everything on hand and purchased nothing this week)

BROWN meat in large skillet; drain.

STIR in water; bring to boil. Stir in noodles; cover. Simmer on medium-low heat 8 min. or until noodles are tender.

ADD VELVEETA, soup and pepper; cook until VELVEETA is melted, stirring frequently.

And thanks to Kraft Foods rating system I knew before I made it that over 200 people enjoyed this recipe. Makes trying something new a lot less scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment