Search & Win

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Month End Money Recap

So, it's actually the first day of August but it will have to do for reviewing July. I will start out by saying that July was a crazy month. We went out of town, had a birthday, had pictures done and worked a consignment sale. I'm pretty sure I went over budget (yea, I should know for sure) but am looking to August to get me back on track since I don't have too much coming up.

My 2009 Financial Goals:

1. Spend $100 or less on groceries each week. This I know I did - I never went over $100 a week this month. By months end I felt low on groceries and snacks so we did do a BJ's run for the month of August spending just under $100 on groceries which I will deduct from my monthly grocery budget for the month.

2. Pay $10 or less for dinner. Since there were quite a few nights that I was gone and didn't make dinner I'm not 100% sure we did this but at least a good 90% sure we stayed under $10 for a meal except maybe when we were out of town :)

3. Pay down debt. This we did - mostly by adding nothing more but also by paying off the few things I did charge the month before.

4. Continue to buy brand name clothes but pay cash. This I did while redeeming my Gymbucks a few weeks ago but otherwise I didn't buy any kids clothes. I have yet to start Ebaying even though I've intended to do so but as soon as I do that money will go towards more fall clothes.

5. No more credit cards. I did use one card which I intend to pay off this month - I bought a few clothes for me for pictures :) It was worth the splurge! Happens sometimes and I have to forgive myself and move on. I feel as long as I'm careful and don't make it a habit I will do fine.

Here's to a better month in August! Though with the start of school around the corner I am a tad nervous about finances. Ever notice how things like this get harder as the year progresses?!

No comments:

Post a Comment