Search & Win

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Book Swapping


Last week the big kids had off from school but we didn't have any extra money to go out or to buy them anything (not that they need to get new stuff at any time or anything but it was a long weekend and we hadn't done anything!). So, in order to get out and do something I decided to take the kids to the local used bookstore to allow them to pick out a few books.

I actually had a stack of books I wanted to get rid of so I brought those along. I had hoped for cash but ended up getting trade which was fine - the kids loaded up on $20 of free books :) Oh, they had fun with that and I had fun with the price!

In honor of my free books I thought I'd share a few sites that I was turned on to over at Frugal Bliss - this list is compiled by Dana at Frugal in Virginia (ha! me too) and I thought it was great.

PaperBackSwap.com - swap books for the cost of postage (media mail is cheaper)

SwapADVD.com - swapping DVD's instead of books

SwapACD.com - swapping CD's insead of books or DVD's :)

Swaptree.com - books, music, DVD's and video games - you tell them what you want to trade and they generate a list as to what's available - sounds simple.

U-Exchange.com - swap just about anything

BookMooch.com - another book trading site

SwapAGift.com - swap or sell gift cards on this site - also have gift cards at a discounted price.

I have not tried these out yet but I plan to. What a great idea! Who knew there was so much out there! Living as a tightwad gets easier all the time.

Let me know if you have any to add or if you try any of these out.

Photo by austinevan

No comments:

Post a Comment