Search & Win

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Is Dinner Done?

I hate planning out our dinner menu. I hate trying to come up with creative ideas each week.
When I don't take the time to plan out our menu, we eat more take out and we waste more money.

Several months ago, we started using Dinner Done. We first became familiar with them during my pregnancy. A very generous friend brought us a freezer full of meals from there. They were delicious! While I'm aware that many of our blog readers don't live near us, these type of dinner places are become more and more popular. (Our local Dinner Done actually has locations in Florida too.)

I don't have the time to go to the location and prepare all of my meals. So, I pay a minimal fee to have them made for me. All I have to do is pick them up.

I come home with a laundry basket full of yummy frozen meals. Each evening, I place one in the oven and make a simple side dish (steamed veggies, baked potatoes, rice, etc.) Dinner has been so easy lately.

The best part? It's very afforable!

Each meal serves 6 people. Because that's just too much food for us right now, I have each meal split in half. We end up paying about $11 per meal. Often, we have leftovers for the next day's lunch.

The even better part? The food is absolutely delicious. Each month there is a different menu to choose from. We've had everything from Beef Wellington to a pot roast. There is a lot of variety.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that it works for you. I looked into one in our neighborhood. And you are correct it would be great for a "normal" size family. But with 11 people eating we would have to get double portions. I can cook an entire meal for less than that costs. But I will keep it in mind for as the family size dwindles down.

    ReplyDelete