Since it is the 1st day of 2009 I figured I should list my money resolutions for the new year. I know a few things will change as time goes on since I am, obviously unable to predict the future but for now these are my thoughts.
Last year I made the goal to spend less. What I fear is that was too general. In some areas I did spend less but not less enough.
So, this year more specifically:
1. Spend $100 or less on food each week - including going out.
2. Pay $10 or less for dinner - I will play this by ear - that's about what it usually costs and I'd like to keep it that way or do better.
3. Pay down debt - long-term goal - no debt!
4. Continue to buy brand name clothes but pay cash.
5. No more credit cards - cash system only :)
There it is for now. Sounds simple, huh?
Not really. I could use some prayers! But maybe getting it out in the open will mean I'll get it done.