Search & Win

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Money Resolutions

Since it is the 1st day of 2009 I figured I should list my money resolutions for the new year. I know a few things will change as time goes on since I am, obviously unable to predict the future but for now these are my thoughts.

Last year I made the goal to spend less. What I fear is that was too general. In some areas I did spend less but not less enough.

So, this year more specifically:

1. Spend $100 or less on food each week - including going out.

2. Pay $10 or less for dinner - I will play this by ear - that's about what it usually costs and I'd like to keep it that way or do better.

3. Pay down debt - long-term goal - no debt!

4. Continue to buy brand name clothes but pay cash.

5. No more credit cards - cash system only :)

There it is for now. Sounds simple, huh?

Not really. I could use some prayers! But maybe getting it out in the open will mean I'll get it done.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on being able to buy name brand clothes! I know that was the first to go when I had to tighten my finances.

    One thing I always tell people is it takes 3 months to get the kicks worked out of the budget so keep working on it.

    ReplyDelete