Search & Win

Monday, February 16, 2009

CVS and The Grocery Game

I have heard that CVS is a great place to shop for lots of stuff, that if you play it right you can almost shop for free. Sounds great! Why haven't I done it? Frankly I was intimidated. I had no idea how to do it or how to start.

Because I am the kind of person that really needs things explained to me I decided to sign up at the Grocery Game for CVS. I have a feeling once I get the hang of it I can cancel that portion of my membership but for now I will take all the help I can get!

Today was my first "real" shopping day. Sure I'd been there before but for a few things (like the movie I mentioned last week) but I have never shopped there for food I actually need.

I changed that today and you know what? I think I'll keep going back!

Here's why:



This is what I got and I spent: $48.59
And saved: $43.21

BUT I also earned $11 Extra Care Bucks so next week when I go I'll spend even less and so on from here out. Not a bad idea. I think I like it as far as saving money goes :) And as you can see I bought mostly food and NOT just drug store items (though I did buy a few of those too). Jump in with me - you won't be sorry!

On a sidenote - here's a few giveaways for you to check out:

Kiddie Giveaway at The Deal Seaking Mom -
giving away a Learning Tower which is a place for the kiddos to stand and help you make dinner - I've always wanted one :)

And $5 Dinners has a giveaway for a $25 Wal-Mart gift card so go enter for that too - I hope someone I know wins (maybe me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment