Search & Win

Sunday, April 5, 2009

I Tried Giant

I know I said I was going to stick with Harris Teeter but Giant had a lot of stuff on sale and they have started doubling coupons up to $0.99! This makes a HUGE difference on my bill. They still don't have as many sales at HT but this week I compared the 2 and found more things I needed at Giant. I'm sure I'll still do a HT run later this week but for tonight exhaustion and expediency won out so I ran across the street (not quite but close) to Giant.

How'd I do?

Not bad...



(Not pictured: 2 more sodas)

I spent: $26.82
And saved: $29.98

It seems that I track down the store that has the best deal on Eggo waffles. We go through a TON of these and they are often on sale. This week I also had a $0.75 coupon. At Giant they were on sale 2/$4.00 so I only paid $0.50 a box. Not bad for one or two breakfasts.

Sour cream was on sale for 2/$3.00 and I had a $0.60 coupon on 1 that doubled to $1.20 bringing my cost to $0.30 each.

I felt good that I stocked up on some things we use a lot for cheap. Giant has been trying to compete with HT by adding special coupons in the paper - this week they doubled 4 $1.00 coupons. So, I have decided to use the Grocery Game at Giant again and see if I can get some good deals there as well. I'll keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment