Search & Win

Monday, April 6, 2009

Keep Those Random Coupons!

You know the ones I'm talking about. The ones you swear you'll never use. I have my favorites - Eggo Waffles are some of my favorites but I also look for the food coupons - the ones for cereal, for yogurt, for fruit snacks. These are the ones I use regularly and would cut out no matter what.

Then there are the others ones. The millions plus for deodarant, for cleaning supplies, for air freshener. In another "life" I would have just thrown those out and disregarded them as something I would never buy but not any longer.

The beauty of couponing the way I do for the Grocery Game is that I don't have to actually clip coupons until I need them so there's really no energy on my part to just leave them there. If I never use them they get thrown away when they expire but if I need them then I know they're there.

And sometimes it really pays off. I am not one to go out and buy home fragrances or home candles or the Glad plug-ins or whatever else they come up with. It's not in my budget - my concentration at the store is always food. Not that I don't want my house to smell nice but seriously that could be a chunk of my money to feed my family!


Anyway, this week the Airwick Starter Kit was on sale buy one get one free. Normally they are $9.99 each (see how that doesn't fit in my $100 a week grocery budget?!) $5.00 is a little closer but I'm still not feeling it. However, if you give me a $4.00 off coupon then I'm all for it! So, instead of paying $9.99 for an item that I would use but didn't really want I paid $1.00 for a savings of 90% and in my world that's pretty cool.

Moral of the story - keep those weird coupons. You never know when they may come in handy!

As for the rest of my trip to HT (you knew I had to go!) I got:



(Not pictured - 4 gallons of milk)

I spent: $48.93
And saved: $75.48

The deal on the starter kit helped my numbers quite a bit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment