The question today is whether or not you have had any frugal flops along the way to becoming debt free.
At this point I'd say I'm still in the beginning stages - adjusting my lifestyle to be cash only, to stop spending when I'm supposed to, to use coupons to save money - so I'm sure my flops are many but I'll just list a few :)
1. Being coupon obsessed - not a bad thing but I do find myself wanting to go to the store for more sale stuff just because it's on sale. Sure I'm saving money then buying it full price but I'm also spending money that I might not need to spend - I'm still trying to work through my issues.
2. Not focusing on paying off my debt - I AM focusing on not putting more on, I AM focusing on paying cash and spending less but I'm not focusing as much on actually making a better dent it in what I owe. I'm not putting the extra money I find towards reducing the debt and I really need to work on this.
3. Not saving enough - that one explains itself - I'm trying I swear...
4. Still going to BJ's - I admit it I get hooked. I get a coupon for something there and I just must have 3 boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios - I don't know why maybe they're calling my name :) But I know if I don't go I could cut $100 out of my monthly grocery budget and eat just fine yet I keep going. Somebody stop me!
5. Not getting rid of enough stuff - this kind of applies to #2 - I have stuff to sell and I've been lazy about doing it. Bad, bad, frugal mama! I could have money in and yet I'm not taking the time to do it.
As I write I think of more and the list could go on but I'll leave it at that. Have some you'd like to share? Leave a comment here or head over to Cents to Get Debt Free and bare your soul :) Isn't that what blogging is for anyway?