Search & Win

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Week 1 Grocery Game with Mom

I signed my mom up for the Grocery Game :) You knew I would - I can't resist. And it's only $1 for 4 weeks so if she doesn't want to keep it when I leave FL then that's fine but at least I can save money while I'm here.

So, tonight I took my mom after gathering all my coupons and my list. She had a small list too and a few coupons.



Our combined total was $83.30
And we saved: $91.74

This included a box of diapers and my mom's full-priced items that she needed :)

Some of my best deals came because I could print coupons from coupon.com - you printed those too right?

Philadelphia Cream Cheese was on sale 4/$5.00 - I had 2 $1.00 off 2 coupons making my total 4 for $3.00!

Kraft BBQ sauce was on sale buy one get one free (at Publix this means I have to buy 2 unlike HT where it's 1/2 price for each item) - so sale price was 2 for $1.49 - I had 1 $1.00 off coupon and 1 $0.75 off coupon so it was a $0.25 moneymaker! No doubling here in FL - hate it!!

Kraft Mayo was also B1G1 free and I had 2 $1.00 off 1 coupons making it $2.00 for 2 or $1.00 each :)

Kraft Salad dressing was also B1G1 free so 2 for $2.99 and I had 2 $1.50 off coupons so I got 2 free!

And Publix was having a great cereal sale - buy 3 boxes of Kellogg's and get a gallon of milk free. Even better Kellogg's cereal was of on sale for $1.99 each and I had 2 (unfortunately not 3) $1.00 off coupons so for $3.98 I got 3 boxes of cereal and a gallon of milk for less then $4.00.

My mom spent $17.88 and saved $1.50
So my total spent was $65.42 and saved $90.24 - including those diapers!!!! And they were $16.49 - I was able to stack 2 coupons together - a Publix coupon and a manufacturers coupon to save $3.50.

There's the proof - it works here too! As always, I'm looking forward to next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment