Search & Win

Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 New Year's Resolutions

So, I guess I have to make them :) After all this blog came out of my resolutions for 2009 so at least I got something done!

My new, more detailed, resolutions for 2010 are:

1. Spend $100 or less in groceries each week - same as last year except I'm going to add that I will draw the money out in cash and only use that amount - I will also keep track of each and every purchase not just the big shopping trip to Harris Teeter. No, I won't bore you with each and every detail but I will record it on my computer in Excel so I can see how accurate I am each week. Plus, it should keep me from going over and so help me I really don't want to go over!!

2. Pay down debt and keep from accruing any new debt! Which means NO credit cards and better planning which leads to #3...

3. Budget, budget, budget. For everything. Including what hasn't happened yet AND Christmas to avoid any end-of-the-year crises :) Which also means keeping track of every single dollar spent. I do this already sort of but clearly I need to do it better.

4. Make a price point book. In an effort to stretch my dollar even further I plan to do a little more price comparisons each week at different stores and see who has the best deal. I will still use the Grocery Game because it is by far the easiest thing to use but I will be comparing it to other grocery helps and checking out other stores.

5. Get rid of stuff. I have an idea that there's a good $2500 of stuff in my house that I don't need and I'd like to get rid of it! Turn my unused stuff into a few extra dollars to pay down debt and supplement our income.

6. Organize! It seems a more organized life will help my mental state and help my financial state :) #5 will help with this for sure.

7. Make extra money. Besides #5 I haven't decided how yet but somehow :) I'll figure it out.

8. Still buying good kids clothes. Can't give it up - not gonna happen but this may be the year the triplet stop dressing alike! Mostly because it seems silly to spend too much money on summer clothes they'll just play in the dirt in. Maybe a few matching church dresses though - it's too darn cute...

I guess that's it. Seems like a lot for a brand new year but hey, it's also a brand new decade so a few extra resolutions are in order right? If I think of more I'll add them as the months go by but that will do for now. Besides, it's late and by my watch it's actually January 2nd.

So, get out there and have a great new year - live a lot with or without money but be sure to make every dollar count.

No comments:

Post a Comment