Search & Win

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I SO Love Dollar Doublers!

Have you made your first trip yet? I have! Ran by this morning after dropping the big kids off at school. Yes, daddy went to work late so I could stop at the grocery store :)

Today I got:



I spent: $8.24
And saved: $41.49

The Honeycomb was combined with a rain check I got last week because they were out so today I got them 3/$5.00 and was able to double 2 $1.00/2 coupons to get each box for just $0.67. The juice was on clearance so I picked it up because I had enough cash :) I went in with just $10.00 left from this week's budget (after shopping last week and eating fast food on Sunday) so I could NOT go over that! And I managed to do it - it was a fun challenge :)

Free deals:

Ivory Soap
- regular price $1.45
- used 4 $1.00 off 1 coupons from PG 12/27
- final price: FREE (a note - the computer knows the cost of the items so the coupon was not fully doubled - it "multiplied" the coupon up an additional $0.45 to make the item free - I did not get any overage)

Special K Bars
- regular price $2.79/each
- sale price: $1.99/each
- used 2 $1.00/2 coupons from RP 1/3
- price after coupons: $0.99 each
- BUT you also get $5.00 off instantly when you buy 4 Special K products so ultimately they are FREE!

Lysol Wipes
- regular price $3.19/each
- sale price: 2/$4.00
- used 3 $1.00/1 coupons from SS 1/3
- final price: FREE

For other great deals check out Southern Savers.

And if you're wondering, the meal on Monday didn't go very well - I followed ALL the directions and something still went wrong so we used Tuesday's meal on Monday and Wednesday's meal yesterday so I had to buy a can of beans and Rotel for tonight's meal which was $2.10 of my total and maybe just a few cents in savings but really to change a meal for $2.00 is no big deal just wanted to let you know that I could have spent even less on all that I bought. I still think I got quite a bit for $8.00!!

No comments:

Post a Comment