Search & Win

Monday, January 4, 2010

Menu Plan Monday 1/4


I thought a fun way to find new recipes was to pull out cookbooks that I already have and each week pick out a few recipes that I can make for the week. After all, what is the point of having a cookbook if I don't use it. If I pick a cookbook where I can't find a recipe that I like that cookbook should just leave the house! How's that for an extra organizational step?

First up - a brand new cookbook that I got for Christmas. Wow! I think I have found an awesome cookbook. I first saw it at my sister-in-law's house during Thanksgiving and just flipping through it made me want it. So, what did I do? Asked my mom for it for Christmas, what else? :)

And yea, it was under the tree!


Last week I tried 2 turkey recipes from it and they were great: Turkey Tenderloin Supreme (p. 42) and Creamy Turkey on Mashed Potatoes (p. 34). On Christmas Day I made Cheddar Ham Soup (p. 124) - I had all the ingredients on hand and the soup was fabulous - I can't wait to make it again!

So for this week I had chicken which I purchased last week and came up with this meal plan:

Monday: Quicker Chicken n' Dumplings (p. 30)

Tuesday: Chicken Shepherd's Pie (p. 76)

Wednesday: Cheesy Wild Rice Soup (p. 40)

Thursday: Moms of Multiples monthly meeting

Friday: Leftovers

Saturday: Friends over - making Pork Roast

If you're looking for a cookbook full of easy recipes to make for dinner this is a great one! I'm really enjoying it and hope to pick up other Taste of Home cookbooks in the futre. To find this one go to Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment