Search & Win

Sunday, January 3, 2010

First HT Trip Of The Year

I actually went last night. I was so excited to be able to make it out on a Saturday evening. Made my Sunday more free which was great. Not sure if I'll make it out every Saturday but it's a start :)

I used both the Grocery Game and Southern Savers. Using both was great. SS had a lot of printable coupons that GG didn't have.


(Not pictured: 3 gallons of milk; cat litter)

Using both resources I spent: $57.66
And saved: $55.42

Not quite 50% - losing my game already :)

Still that is all I spent on groceries for the week - under budget enough to allow us to eat fast food after church this morning. And using cash meant I was much more aware of the deals I picked up and what I actually needed. I left behind a number of "good" sales that I may have otherwise picked up. But it felt good to spend less and still get a large number of items that I needed and have food at home to make dinners this week.

If you have the time I highly recommend using as many resources as you can to get the best deals. Southern Savers includes a link to Mission tortillas that make the tortillas just $0.40 for a package!

If there are other sites that you love for coupon match-ups please pass them on. I plan to combine SS and GG all month and see what the pros and cons are at the end of the month.

This month check out the Grocery Game and Southern Savers for HT deals!

No comments:

Post a Comment