As of today my weekly budget is officially gone :) But I certainly stretched it a great deal! If it weren't for fresh produce, milk and meat I could live without the grocery store for a good month at this point. I may try that someday - as soon as I learn to tear myself away from the deals...
Okay, enough with the sad obsession. Because believe me when I spend half of my dinner out with other moms discussing coupons and the best prices AND can remember exactly what those prices are everywhere I can certainly say I'm a little obsessed.
I made a second trip Thursday night and even though I snapped a picture of what I got I managed to erase it before I could post. Oops! Shame too since I got a great deal on coffee creamer - 3 free after using internet coupons found HERE. Because some of the holiday creamer was on sale for $1.49 I was able to get those free by doubling my $1.50/2 coupon - the third free one came from doubling the $1.00/1 coupon.
I spent: $27.28
And saved: $52.17
- I got the Special K bars promotion again and bought 5 things of Kraft cheese to get a $5.00 off my next purchase at the register.
Today's (Saturday) trip:
(Not pictured: 3 gallons of milk)
I spent: $52.18
And saved: $114.88
For this trip I used the Grocery Game to prepare and for this week I saw a lot of the same deals as Southern Savers with a few exceptions.
- regular price: $5.99/each
- sale price: buy 1 get 1 free: $2.99/each
- used 3 $2.50/1 coupons from S 1/3
- final price: $.049/each
(yes, I know they're free at Walgreens but only have a register reward which means I have to go back to use it and I haven't really begun shopping there so I'm not worrying about the $0.49 at HT)
Nyquil Tablets (Liquid on sale too)
- regular price: $5.79
- sale price: $3.99
- used 2 $1.50/1 coupons from PG 12/27
- final price: $0.99/each
- also used Buy 2 Vicks Products Get Puffs Free PG 12/27 - there was no maximum price on this so I think you can buy a bigger box then I did but I just bought the square box for $1.00 and got that FREE
Rubbermaid Easy Find Lids Containers
- regular price: $3.99/each
- sale price: $3.19/each
- used 3 $1.00/1 coupons from S 1/3
- final price: $1.19/each
- there were other containers - real small ones would be just $0.63 each but I preferred these because they're big enough to hold sandwiches and for around $1.00 I still felt it was a great price!
For lots more deals check out the Grocery Game.