I apologize for the long gap in posting. Three consignment sales in one month are really doing a number on me. I worked every evening last week and then used Friday and Saturday to catch up on what I had gotten behind on! Mainly grocery shopping. Last week my bill was very low because I knew I wouldn't be home cooking and sure enough I wasn't. Never got to use the stove until Friday night for a quick meal in. I actually miss it when I don't get to make the family meals.
Yesterday I made up for the lesser amount from last week and spent all of my budget and then some.
Here's what I got from Harris Teeter:
I spent: $96.91
And saved: $92.51
50% isn't bad but I prefer to do better. Still, for the week after having to play a bit of catch-up it wasn't bad.
No Yolks Noodles
- regular price: $2.29/each
- sale price: buy 1 get 1 free
- used 3 $1.00/2 coupons from S 2/21
- final price: $0.65/each
(Some papers the coupon is for $0.75/1 and it doubles to make it free but not in the NoVa area)
Kellogg's Mini Wheats
- regular price: $3.39/each
- sale price: none but if you buy 3 boxes you get $3.00 off your order; 4 boxes you get $4.00 off and 5 boxes you get $5.00 off your order - automatically taken off at check-out (obviously that's $1.00 off a box)
- used 2 $1.50/2 printable coupons (can be found HERE along with a great Target deal to get Mini Wheats even cheaper)
- final price: $1.64/each
For more deals at Harris Teeter check out the Grocery Game.
After my big order at Harris Teeter I headed to Safeway because they are once again having their buy 5 get $5.00 off sale and I have found this to be the best way to stock up on fruit snacks and cereal.
Here's what I picked up:
I spent: $10.95 in two transactions
And saved: $42.27
Here's what I did:
First time through I picked up:
10 Boxes of Fruit Snacks/Fruit Roll-Ups
- regular price: $2.79/each
- sale price: 2/$4.00
- used 5 $0.50/2 coupons from S 3/7
- got $10 off my order for buying 10 boxes
- final price: $0.50/each
- earned back a $3.50 Catlina coupon
(also purchased Mott's Apple Juice for $0.99/each which was a weekend special)
I spent $7.22 on my first order
Second time through I bought:
3 Boxes of Lucky Charms
- regular price: $4.29/each
- sale price: $3.00/each
- used $1.00/3 coupon from GM 2/7
2 Boxes of Fruity Pebbles
- regular price: $3.29/each
- sale price: 2/$5.00
- used $1.00/2 coupon from S 2/28
Got $5.00 off my order and used $3.50 Catalina coupons
On this order I only spent $3.73 making it just 40.75 per box of cereal! I like that price :)
For more Safeway deals and other ways to get great prices on the pick 5 deal check out Moneywise Moms.
Total weekly groceries: $107.86 ($7.86 over budget)
But I saved: $134.78