Search & Win

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Month End Money Recap


I can't believe another month has already gone by. It happens SOOO quickly doesn't it?

Another month to look over my goals for the year and see how I've done!

1. Spend $100 or less on groceries each week. I went a little over budget this month. I didn't help myself by shopping on the last day of Feb and counting it towards March :)

With the February 28th spending:

I spent: $458.02
And saved: $751.01
Savings: 62%
I also earned back $130.48 in Catalinas and Extra Care Bucks - this is factored into my savings already so it doesn't add to the percentage.

However, for the year:

I have spent: $1221.15
And saved: $2047.69

So, for the year I'm not over budget confirming to me that our family needs to spend $400 a month on groceries.

2. Pay down debt and not accrue new debt. This we did. I didn't use the credit cards at all.

3. Budget, budget, budget. Still working on it :) It's taking me time to figure out the best way. Mostly it comes down to figuring out where to fit in all those extra expenses that come up every month.

4. Make a price point book. Didn't happen in March - planning on it for April since I don't have 3 consignment sales :)

5. Get rid of stuff. Did we ever! I won't list the entire list but it was well over 100 items - probably around 135 things. Lots of clothes and toys and even bigger items. I didn't count each thing but it was a lot.

Brings my total for the year to 180 at least. Still have plenty more to go. Not sure how I will do in April though I'm starting off with a donation pick-up in the morning so I guess that's getting me off to a good start!

Check out The Finer Things for more people participating.

6. Organize. Again, I made huge strides in March by getting rid of SOO much stuff but I still have a long way to go to feel wholely organized.

7. Make extra money. This I did this month :)

Moms of Multiples consignment sale: sold $370 worth - my take: $296
Classy Kids consignment sale: sold $200 worth - my take: $130
eBay: $140 sold (after all fees I think it's around $100 but I haven't figured that out)
Rebates: $27.50 - received the 2 Pepsi rebates that I submitted a few months ago along with the $10 gift card from Kraft

Total made this month: $553.50

(while I sold at MOPS - the third consignment sale - I have not received my check from them yet and don't know how much I sold there)

8. Still buying good kids clothes. I did at the sales. Nothing new but good used clothes :) For summer I don't care nearly as much! Something about fall jeans and boots that I just have to have!

And that's March. As I look over it I'm excited about how I did but always hoping to do even better in the month ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment