Search & Win

Monday, March 29, 2010

Triples Trip #2

I know I'm over budget this month. It's been a long month, we've been busy and I'm tired and right now I'm just not going to worry about it. I guess in the course of the year I'm really not over budget but month by month I am.

Anyway, here's what I picked up tonight:



I spent: $36.56
And saved: $76.07

My big savings came because there were a lot of VIC savings this time around and not just coupons - chicken breasts are buy 1 get 2 free as are strawberries and trash bags were buy 2 get 3 free. Since these are all things we use a lot of I went ahead and got them even though it put me over budget for the month. Mostly because I feel that it will be a big savings next month so it's quite worth it.

Also, because I've signed up as an e-Vic customer I was alerted that there was a sale on Ball Park Franks for $0.99 a pack with a limit of 2. I used a $1.00/2 coupon from RP 3/14 and got each pack for $0.50.

As for other coupon savings:

Daisy Sour Cream
- regular price: $2.19/each
- sale price: 3/$5.00 or $1.67
- used 3 $0.60 off 1 coupons from S 3/28
- final price: FREE

Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaner (hey, you gotta do it!)
- regular price: $2.69
- sale price: buy 1 get 1 free (though it was NOT displayed on the shelf)
- used 2 $0.75/1 coupons
- final price: FREE

Mini Wheats Little Bites
- regular price: $3.39
- sale price: buy 1 get 1 free
- used $1.00/1 coupon from RP 3/28
- final price: $0.70

For lots more match-ups check out the Grocery Game - she includes match-ups from this Sunday's paper which was very helpful for my trip today.

I'll post my week's menu tomorrow when I actually make one :) But I know this whatever I make I will use what I have in the pantry - I'm done grocery shopping for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment