Search & Win

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Harris Teeter This Week and Giant Trip #2

I don't intend to bore you with all my shopping trips but like to share the best deals I find and show you how I do it. Which is pretty much the purpose of the blog :) I figure if I can do it anyone can do it!

Like I said yesterday, Harris Teeter wasn't too exciting but I did manage a few good basics.



I spent: $42.25
And saved: $40.14

I used very few coupons this time - literally just 5 and 4 of them were the same - Mission Tortilla coupons from S 3/7.

My favorite deal this week was the ground beef. It was on sale for $1.47 a pound which is a great deal for me so I stocked up and bought the limit of 4 (2 I purchased earlier in the week).

But even better was the coupon from last week's paper (S 3/14) - it was a coupon for $1.50 off ground beef if you bought 2 Classico Spaghetti sauces. And since Classico was on sale buy 1 get 1 free this week I was able to buy 2 jars for $2.09 and get $1.50 off my ground beef! Can't beat that. Unfortunately I only had 1 copy - this was one of those coupons that were only in the Washington Post. I'm finding more and more of those so I'm going out of my way to get extra copies :)

I also headed back to Giant tonight for round 2 of their Catalina promotion. I stick to just 2 transactions a day for my sanity as well as for the cashiers :) For some reason the $10 coupons print just fine but they are not scanning and the cashier then has to take them and over ride them and put them in as cash. It's all weird and I hate to make them do it over and over. My cashier did it twice tonight and she was very pleasant and I thanked her for her help but I felt bad that it was so complicated for all of us.

Here's what I got tonight:

Transaction 1:


I spent: $2.61
And saved: $20.79
And earned: $10

Transaction 2:


I spent: $1.79
And saved: $19.75
And earned: $10

In both transactions I bought 1 extra item to be sure that my total was over $10. The Washington Post is my extra Sunday copy and in the second transaction I bought some paper baking cups so that I can actually make all the muffins I'm buying!

Almost all of the coupons I used were printable coupons from Coupons.com other than the $0.50/2 Green Giant Frozen Vegetables and they were from S 2/7 (only in the Washington Post though so I only had 2 of those).

Again, thanks to Moneywise Moms and the Grocery Game for my coupon match-ups this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment