Search & Win

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Harris Teeter/Grocery Game

I had a great trip this week!

I spent: $47.11
I saved: $64.46

I used the grocery game list plus a $10 coupon that Harris Teeter had mailed me.

My favorite deals:

Ester C Vitamin
regular price: $8.85
sale price : $4.42
RP coupon :-$4.00

Paid $0.42 cents!
I take vitamin C supplements daily, so I was thrilled to get this.


Breakstones Sour Cream (BOGO Free)
regular price: $3.98 (large size)
sale price : $1.99 (for 2)
RP coupon : -$1.00
Paid $0.99 cents for 2 large containers of sour cream!



Last night we had chicken chilli, partly in an effort to use some of that sour cream. It's a great recipe that is super affordable. It's also perfect for a cold, winter night. The leftovers heat up really well too.


Cherie's Chicken Chilli

Place following ingredients in crock pot and cook on low for 5-7 hours.


1 package of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 large jars of salsa (we like Harris Teeter brand best)
1 can of baked beans
1 can of chili beans
1 cup frozen corn

About an hour before eating, use a knife and fork to shred the chicken. You can also add shredded cheddar cheese if you prefer.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment