Search & Win

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Week 1 - Frugal February

Okay, I didn't do badly last month in groceries but compared to many who used January as their pantry challenge month I didn't do well at all. I was definitely not prepared to eat through my pantry in January. Well, it wasn't the pantry as much as lack of meat in the freezer.

So, since I wasn't able to cut back in January I'm going to try for February. After all February is a much shorter month - what better time to try?!

Here's what I got for this week:


(Not pictured: 4 gallons of milk)

I spent: $46.06
And saved: $59.75

My goal had been $40 so I went a tiny bit over but still not bad. I will have to go back tonight for a few more things because I am bringing food to a brunch tomorrow but I'm hoping to make up for that later in the month.

I also headed to CVS last night because of the great diaper deal and picked this up:



I spent: $3.74 (using my $19 ECB's from last week)
And saved: $27.48
And earned: $10.49 in extra care bucks

Best deals this week at Harris Teeter:

Ragu Pasta Sauce
- orginal price: $1.79/each
- sale price: buy 1 get 1 free
- used 1 $1.25 off 3 coupon from RP 1/31
- final price: $0.47/each

Quaker Quakes Mini Rice Cakes
- original price: $2.19/each
- sale price: 4/$5.00
- used 3 $0.75/1 coupons from RP 1/10
- final price: FREE

Birds Eye Steamfresh Frozen Vegetables
- original price: $1.49/each
- sale price: 5/$5.00
- used 4 $1.00/2 coupons from S 1/10
- final price: $0.50/each

Kellogg's Mini Wheats
- original price: $3.39
- sale price: buy 1 get 1 free
- used printable $1.50 off 2 coupon from HERE
- final price: $0.95/each

For more great deals at Harris Teeter check out the Grocery Game - all deals are from there except for the Mini Wheats. I did fail to mention that another advantage of the Grocery Game is that she updates on Sunday mornings with the brand new coupons giving you a few extra deals each week - very worth the subscription!

For CVS deals check out Southern Savers

Week 1 grocery totals: $49.82
Total savings: $87.23

No comments:

Post a Comment